Monday, 27 February 2017

Linen Wrap Skirt

Make Number 2
This week I wanted to sew a wrap skirt. It was the first thing I thought about sewing this year so I definitely wanted to get it made asap! The final result is not something I will be getting to wear anytime soon as it just wont stop raining here in hudds 😪

The fabric I used is this beautiful linen I found in the off cut bit in Abakhans in Manchester. I love that section because you can get fabric at such a decent price.

Pattern Inspiration



Definitely have to shout out this wrap skirt by Julia at Contour Affair for the inspo. Basically the reason I wanted to make this is cause she made it so easy! If you want to make it check out her blog I just cut what she did but in a size appropriate to me!

I changed how I sewed up at the panels though!  Inspired by the reformation dress above, I wanted to leave the sides open, just looks a bit younger and more girly i think! I also made my ties more like that.


Making




 I really regret putting the darts in the back because they just don't sit nice over my bum at all, completely stick out. I didn't take them out though because by the time I tried it on I had already hemmed the top (by turning over twice, shown below). I didn't bother unpicking because I figured it might get hidden under the ties and it definitely does! Yay for covering things up 😂




I left the two front panels unstitched to the back so there was an opening at the sides like the reformation dress. I hemmed these like the top, turning over twice. I finished off all raw edges like that.




The ties are two bagged out shapes, long enough to go around the waist and then be tied. Now normally you make the one that goes around the waist longer BUT I made mine both the same length because I wanted to have the option to tie them both around. I like this cause then I can wear it two ways. To make it wrap you have to leave an opening in the seam of the opposite side side to the tie to pull it through and around the back.

Anyway, Im so happy with how this turned out. It is the easiest thing ever to make! Beginners should definitely give it a go, such a good example of how sewing is literally just cuttting shapes and sewing it to fit your body.

Just need it to warm up now plzzzz, spring/summer where r u attttt 🙏🌞



No comments:

Post a Comment